Setuppah

ZEMIXX INTERNATIONAL available in podcast format. Clic HERE to subscribe !

Modérateurs :MikeyM, Space_Moderators

Répondre
vank
Moon Explorer
Moon Explorer
Setuppah

Message par vank » 08 juil. 2004, 16:41

Hey Joachim,

I'm sure a lot of people are interrested in your setup, you say you are a
Protools user but is that also protools software or do you use Logic as
front end. And do you ever use an MPC for beats....We wanna know because you rock hard!! :twisted:

Peace 8)
joachim.garraud
Admin Forum
Admin Forum

Message par joachim.garraud » 08 juil. 2004, 19:27

dear vank,
to be honnest with you, i'm working on protools since 1992, now i'm working with live , reason ,reaktor logic and protools ( not in the same time ) but i go from software to another software to use the best of them !!

i've start to make music on computer , my first one was a atari 520 st with pro24 !!!! midi only, my first sampler was a akais900 !!!
vank
Moon Explorer
Moon Explorer

Message par vank » 08 juil. 2004, 22:51

Great! So what is your opinion on softsynths, do you even use them or do you favor hardware synths and analog desks?!

Keep rockin'
joachim.garraud
Admin Forum
Admin Forum

Message par joachim.garraud » 08 juil. 2004, 23:02

From 10 years ago now , i'm 100% digital producer. No hardware except my 192 khz protools interface and a small master keyboard.

i've started to explore the virtual world of the plug ins and the virtual synthetiseur and to be honnest with you, i did some hardware versus software test with jean michel jarre. and the results are in the advantage of the software world.

The comparaison between a real moog and the plug in version was a great experience.....
Cousteau
Moon Explorer
Moon Explorer

Message par Cousteau » 10 juil. 2004, 20:37

ive played around with the MiniMoog V vst plugin from Arturia.. i think it's great :)

i also like Native Instruments' FM7 and Absynth :D

currently, my kit list comprises of this lot:

Yamaha CS1x
Yamaha RM1x
Evolution MK149 midi keyboard
EMU XL-7
Roland EG-101
Roland SPD-6
Alesis Air-FX
Big Briar Etherwave Theremin

i do agree on the advantages of software over hardware, but with software, you're limited back to hardware (good fast soundcard and PC and hard drive space) and also just that possibility that your PC or software could crash during a performance :x so in my opinion, for me, i think its best to have both worlds of instruments at the same time :)

i remember seeing your set up during the 12 Dreams of the Sun concert in Egypt.. turntable, midi keyboard (i think it was a Nord Lead?) and your PC :)
Répondre