Joachim Garraud's Visit to N. America?

ZEMIXX INTERNATIONAL available in podcast format. Clic HERE to subscribe !

Modérateurs :MikeyM, Space_Moderators

Répondre
Adrien24
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe
Joachim Garraud's Visit to N. America?

Message par Adrien24 » 20 mars 2007, 07:39

I would first of all start by saying that I am posting this message in the English section so that maybe other members in N. America can see and understand as well instead of being in the French section of the forum.

Getting to the point:

With very few North American appearances by Joachim Garraud, I think it was about time that a special "major city" tour would take place. With the growth of electro and dance music slowly growing here in North America, I think that Joachim Garraud would successfully encourage clubbers to listen and to grove to this kind of music. With Joachim's passion, I am sure that everyone will begin to grow on the love of electro.

In progress, David Guetta has thrown a North America tour himself. Was it successful? I think so. By touring here in North America, he took a big risk, but in a way he went for it and thought that by visiting major cities, it would increase his popularity. Starting from the American East Coast, and going up the Canadian border to the crazy cities of Eastern Canada, he took the biggest risk of coming to the West and trying to see if the West had it in them. With that, he travelled to in Western Canada: Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

With me being one of David Guetta's biggest fan, I did not hesitate to purchase a ticket for the event on March 16 in Vancouver. How did these events go? Well, look beneth this post and you will see. David Guetta's overwhelming success in Canada/US was unbelievable. Don't believe me? Ask him yourself ;) I had asked him if he thought that North America could handle this stuff, and he said yes. The event in Vancouver was so crazy that, normally clubs have to shut down after 3 am, but David continued to play for another 30-45 mins because the crowd was asking for more and more! The lights were actually on for 30-45mins! Can you believe that? A DJ who is DJ-ing as the club lights are on and people enjoying it!

Now I don't know if I made myself clear in any of this because I simply just wrote what I thought. I am not promoting David Guetta or anything, just saying that he brought electro music to North America, and I think that he has done a great job at that. Fedde Le Grand is also coming to Vancouver next month and he is another electro DJ of course :D So why not bring Joachim here? If you have questions about promoters, feel free to ask me. I know the company who did the promoting for David, or just ask him and he will tell you. But I think that Joachim should come, not only because I love him, but because I would love it for everyone else here to love him and add on to the Space Invader count.

(David Guetta dancing/DJ-ing on top of the DJ booth while the lights were on in Vancouver)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me :)
[b]Adrien[/b]
[color=yellow]DJX 700+2xCDJ 800MKII+HDJ1000[/color]
ascariss
Flying Warrior
Flying Warrior

Message par ascariss » 20 mars 2007, 14:04

ya I brought this up last year, and apparently joachim was supposed to be here, but I guess no promoters made any firm commitments.

but def would check out joachim if he was here.
-Ascariss
wf2000
UFO Driver
UFO Driver

Message par wf2000 » 22 mars 2007, 00:57

I was at the Guetta gig in Vancouver... we actaully drove 10-12 hours from Banff to see him then found out it was sold out. So we lined up at 8.30pm to get some of the limited door tickets.

Anyway as expected Guetta came trough with a wicked set. There was a really good crowd who were into it right until the end. It was crazy the corwd begging for more, and Guetta droppping his new track, Blur and Nirvana.

I have a couple of videos from the end including when david was standing up behind the decks and will try and post them to youtube when I get a chance.
Adrien24
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe

Message par Adrien24 » 22 mars 2007, 02:04

wf2000 a écrit :I was at the Guetta gig in Vancouver... we actaully drove 10-12 hours from Banff to see him then found out it was sold out. So we lined up at 8.30pm to get some of the limited door tickets.

Anyway as expected Guetta came trough with a wicked set. There was a really good crowd who were into it right until the end. It was crazy the corwd begging for more, and Guetta droppping his new track, Blur and Nirvana.

I have a couple of videos from the end including when david was standing up behind the decks and will try and post them to youtube when I get a chance.
I can tell you, that night was amazing. I think he started to think that Vancouver has a love for electro/house music. It was indeed amazing how he stood up and started to dance... I don't think I've ever seen any DJ do that! :lol:
[b]Adrien[/b]
sinanmike
Moon Explorer
Moon Explorer

Message par sinanmike » 05 avr. 2007, 07:36

guetta has been in chicago twice in the past 6 months to crobar ..i wish joachim joined id die to watch him perform here...oh well next spring break ill try to go to wmc :lol:
wf2000
UFO Driver
UFO Driver

Message par wf2000 » 05 avr. 2007, 18:02

here is a video from the encore in Vancouver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bAkhcFnR4
Adrien24
Master Of The Universe
Master Of The Universe

Message par Adrien24 » 06 avr. 2007, 08:21

wf2000 a écrit :here is a video from the encore in Vancouver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8bAkhcFnR4
Hahaha! That's when he played after 3am and stood up infront of the crowd playing Love is Gone!! hahahaha! That was awsome! :lol:
[b]Adrien[/b]
Répondre